Friday, April 13, 2012

Surf & Hot Rod Rock

As I prepare for a more than likely vacation to California this summer I have been trying to make sure everything is ready for said vacation and of course music is no exception. Of course what better music to listen to while at the beach in California than some classic surf and hot rod rock? This particular style of music was popular in the 1950's and 1960's as the surfing and hot roding movements gained popularity in the west coast of the United States. While most people have probably heard of The Beach Boys or a song like Wipeout there are many other great artists and songs from these genres that never gained such popularity. In this small compilation which I have put together I will attempt to introduce some of this great music which can only be properly enjoyed under the California Sun.

1. The 101ers - Surf City
2. Four Speeds - Cheater Slicks
3. The Rip Chords - Hey Little Cobra
4. The Hondells - Little Honda
5. The Ramones - California Sun
6. The Four Speeds - RPM
7. The Surfaris - Wipeout
8. The Chantays - Pipeline
9. The Rip Chords - XKE (Plus commentary)
10. The Rivieras - California Sun
11. The Surfaris - Point Panic
12. The Ventures - Blue Moon
13. The Woofers - Dragster on the Prowl
14. Link Wray - Viva Zapata
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lalo. I know this blog isn't active anymore so you mat not get this comment. First of all. I miss this blog! You've shared a lot of great music. Thank you for introducing me to such great stuff. Second, I'm curious for more surf and hot rod music.

    ReplyDelete